Thai Style Prawn Cake Ingredients
- 200 g. Peeled Prawns, chopped roughly
- 100 g. minced pork
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 coriander roots chopped
- 2 tsps. Salt
- 2 tsps. Sugar
- 1 tsps. Black pepper
- 2 tsps. Sesame oil
- 2 tsps. Ginger chopped
- 2 tsps. light soy sauce
- 1 cup cooking oil for deep frying
- 1 egg beaten
- Bread crumbs
- Chilli sauce or Plum sauce
- Salad garnish
Thai Style Prawn Cake Cooking Methods
- Place garlic, coriander roots, pepper, ginger in a pestle and mortar and pound into a paste.
- Add the prawns and pork and pound until the mixture is combined, then add sugar, salt, soy sauce, sesame oil and mix thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into a donut shape and coat in egg and then in breadcrumbs.
Heat the oil over a medium heat until it is hot, and deep fry until golden brown or until the meat is cooked (approximately 4 minutes).
- Remove on to paper or kitchen towel and allow to dry. Serve with chilli sauce or plum sauce and a salad garnish.